Oreo Cake Recipe | Greenville NC Photographer
With the stresses of life some times piling up, some times we just need to relax and have fun. I don't quite get to hang out with my best friend, Keisha, as much as I would like to, but when we do it's always a great time. Earlier today, we went out to eat at one of my favorite Mexican Restaurants, Mi Cabana, she's never been. Of course, a great meal is not complete without dessert. If you're anything like me, then all of your teeth are your "sweet tooth". So we decided to bake an Oreo cake. It was simply the best cake I've ever had in all of my 24 years of existence. This recipe was too good to keep to myself, so I've decided to share it with you guys.
For the Cake:
- One box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
(whatever other ingredients the box calls for)
For the Frosting:
- 1 (12 ounce) package of your favorite brand of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 container of whipped cream
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 4 Oreo cookies, partially crushed
1. Mix cream cheese in a large mixing bowl, until smooth. Add in whipped cream and sugar. Gently mix until smooth.
2. Stir in the 12 crushed Oreos.
3. Try not to eat all of the frosting before frosting the cake. (ADVANCED) =)
1. Heat oven to 350 Degrees
2. Prepare cake batter and bake in two 9-inch pans, as directed on box. Cool cake in pans for about 10 minutes. Turn upside down on wire racks; gently remove pans. Then, let cool completely before icing.
3. Stack layers on cake, filling with frosting. Frost the top layer and top with the 4 partially crushed Oreos, for decoration.